Eavestrough Repair Services Toronto
At Trades by Jack, the health of your home is our primary goal. That’s why we offer a range of helpful eavestrough services. You may not realize it, but your eavestroughs play a crucial role in protecting your home and landscaping from moisture damage and erosion. If the gutters on your home in Toronto or elsewhere in Ontario need some attention, you can rely on us to deliver the following services:
Expert Eavestrough Repair in Toronto
If your gutters are fairly new but have sustained damage, possibly due to a storm or other force of nature, our eavestrough specialists can provide the requisite repairs to restore the system to full-operating condition.
Why Choose Us
Keeping gutters and eavestroughs in excellent condition is one of the primary goals for many homeowners. Keeping them clean will either require DIY methods or paying for professional cleaning services. The first option is risky and according to the Ladder Safety Institute, it accounts for more than 160,000 ladder injuries from non-occupational falls every year. On the other hand, when it comes to professional installations and repair services, you can minimize the cost of maintenance, and still keep your home or business in good condition.
At Trades by Jack, we will provide gutter repair service and the maintenance you need for your home at a reduced cost, so that you and your loved ones can keep off the ladder. Our highly experienced repair technicians will do all the repairs and help you determine the best solutions for your needs.
Our expert eavestrough and gutter installers are masters at their craft and will not only deliver what they promised but also ensure the work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Allowing our highly-trained gutter systems specialist to handle all the repairs will be a safe choice for you and your family. You can consult with them or call us today so that we can get started.
Signs That Your Eavestrough Might Need Repair
Even though you clean your gutter system regularly, you need to repair or replace them eventually to avoid further damages to your home or business, especially in areas where heavy rainfall is common.
These key indicators will help you determine when it’s time to repair your property’s eavestrough system:
- Leaks: Sectional gutters tend to have some leaks at the seams, especially after months of wear and tear. This is a sign that they need to be repaired.
- Pulling away: If you notice your eavestrough pulling away from your home, it is an indication that there are sagging eavestroughs that are causing these issues.
- Sagging: If sagging eavestroughs are not repaired immediately, your eavestrough system will start to pull away from your house. This is usually caused by decaying fascia, low-quality eavestrough system, or poor installation.
- Pooling water: If water starts pooling at the base of your property, it shows that there’s a malfunction somewhere in your gutter system.
- Missing sections: Another common problem with sectional eavestrough systems is entire sections pulling away, falling off, or being blown off during strong winds. This happens because there is no consistent gutter through which water can be diverted away from your property.
Eavestroughs are an important part of your home and need to be cleaned several times a year to extend their lifespan. Properly installed gutter systems allow water to flow freely and prevent water from getting inside your property’s walls, windows, doors, and foundation. However, to extend your eavestrough’s life, you need to keep an eye on other warning signs such as repair, replacement, and other maintenance services.
Common gutter problems include pulling away, sagging, overflowing gutters, and pooling water. Most of these problems can be corrected by re-sloping, fixing sagging eavestroughs, realigning the entire eavestrough system, or by just replacing the affected section.
The most common eavestrough problems that homeowners have to deal with include sagging, pulling away, or overflowing eavestroughs and pooling water among others. Correcting most of these problems only requires fixing sagging gutters, re-sloping, or realigning the eavestrough system to a more effective configuration. In most cases, these issues can be fixed by partially replacing the affected section.
Other important factors to consider include length, size, position, and the number of downpipes on your property. These factors are critical in preventing water from entering inside your house, ice sheets on walkways, splitting of pipes and overflowing during the winter season.
Some of the eavestrough repairs that we specialize in include:
- Downspout Repairs: Extreme weather can cause downspouts to become loosened or disconnected. If the problem is not addressed immediately, it may damage your building’s foundation.
- Repair of Damaged Pipes: You should periodically inspect your entire eavestrough system to ensure everything is working. You should keep an eye for potential leakages from the corners, joints, or seams. Also, inspect if there is overflow or trapped debris. These are warning signs that your eavestrough system needs repair.
- Addition & Replacement of downspouts: If your gutter elbows and cross-sections have become loose or damaged, it is an indication that some components and parts are damaged and need to be replaced.
- Re-Route & Redirect with Extensions: If water starts pooling near the structure, it is an indication that some of your gutter elbows and cross-sections are loose or damaged and need to be replaced to prevent further damage to your home’s foundation. Remember that the primary purpose of an eavestrough system is to divert water away from your roof and building’s foundation.
Cleaning your gutter system at least twice a year will make it work more efficiently. However, cleaning it once each season or 4 times a year will extend its lifespan. If there are many trees near your property, especially pines which shed more leaves, you’ll be required to clean your eavestrough system more frequently.
Cleaning should mostly happen during the fall and spring when there are more leaves, twigs, and branches falling into your eavestroughs.
Are your eavestroughs blocked due to fallen leaves, twigs, and other debris? You don’t have to put your safety at risk by climbing a ladder when you partner with Trades by Jack. We’ll handle this potentially hazardous task for you, removing all detritus from your eavestrough system so that it functions normally.
For your gutter system to be efficient, you need to clean it at least twice a year. This is mostly during the fall and spring when there are more leaves, branches, twigs, and other debris falling into your gutters.
Also, you can have your eavestroughs cleaned once each season or four times a year to extend their lifespan. However, cleaning should be done more frequently in areas where there are many trees, especially pines which shed more leaves.
Here are 4 main reasons why you should hire professional gutter cleaners:
- Safety: Professional gutter cleaning services will keep you and your family from the potentially dangerous ladders.
- Quick and efficient: Professional eavestrough cleaning services usually take much less time to clean eavestroughs.
- Equipment: Professional cleaners have the necessary training, supplies, and equipment that enable them to access all angles of your gutter and parts of your roof.
- Many services: Professional gutter cleaners will clean both the inside and outside of your gutters. They will also inspect your gutter system for potential issues; this will give you a chance to do minor repairs before they become expensive problems.
As a reputable roof maintenance company, Trades by Jack has been installing high-quality LeafGuard systems to ensure our customers’ homes and commercial buildings are protected from water damage issues that include:
- Rotting fascia boards
- Mold and mildew
- Basement leaks
- Foundation problems
- Landscape wash-outs
- Bird nests and Insect problems
- Leaking inside walls doors, and windows
Don’t take any chances! Consult with our experts about installing a LeafGuard or reach out to us today so we can get started.
Perhaps our most beneficial service, eavestrough replacement can solve all your gutter woes. Trades by Jack is the exclusive installer of LeafGuard gutters, a state-of-the-art system that features a built-in protective hood. These seamless eavestroughs are virtually leak proof and are guaranteed never to clog, eliminating the need for gutter cleaning. Our eavestrough installers are masters at their craft, so you can rest easy knowing your new seamless gutters will be installed perfectly.
Eavestrough Heater Installation
Living in our notoriously cold climate, homeowners must take extra precautions during the frigid winter season. To that aim, Trades by Jack can install a heater in your eavestroughs that will prevent water in the trough from freezing, ensuring continued performance even when ice dams are present.
Are you looking for an effective and affordable anti-icing system for your home or commercial building? Well, we have Heavenly Heat systems that will ensure your roof is relieved of any ice or snow buildup in no time.
If snow and ice buildup on the roof is left untreated, it will not only cause many problems to the occupants of the property but also to the structural integrity of the building itself. If you allow snow and ice to accumulate on the ground, it will cover your sidewalks and driveways.
Ice and snow buildups in the gutters can result in ice dams which can be a hazard. They create dangerous icicles that may fall and become breeding grounds for mold. If you don’t remove snow and ice immediately, they will cause further damages to your property, which may be costly to repair over time.
During the snow removal process, most homeowners are forced to use manual labor or chemicals. The precarious nature of the roof makes the whole process to be difficult, time-consuming and requires the process to be repeated every winter. Many homeowners prefer to hire professionals to carry out the snow removal process.
Contact Us Today
Whatever service you need for your eavestroughs, contact Trades by Jack for a solution. We serve homeowners in Toronto and other cities in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.